Chief Quant Officer (ED), Large Hedge Fund & FinTech, London
£££ Excellent Package
Leading Asset Management Firm & FinTech
Team leadership, Multi-Asset model development, Analytic libraries, C++, C#, Python
This leading Asset Management firm & FinTech has over 350 staff and offices in London, Hong Kong, and New York. Their Quant team develop the core Quant analytics library (in C++, C#) and provide tools for client funds and client PMs. Their platform is considered an industry leader in trading analytics, risk analysis and operational robustness, delivering pricing, scenario, risk and P&L for their portfolios to structure and overlay new positions.
They now seek a Chief Quantitative Officer (CQO) in London, to lead a global team of quantitative analysts and developers. In partnership with the product teams, the CQO will lead the transformation of their proprietary analytical library, as a market-leading product. You'll need a strong mix of leadership, dynamism, tech mindset, and client facing presence!
- Take responsibility for curated data and analytics and its future direction
- Represent the firm to clients in developing analytical policies and standards
- Evaluate emerging analytical models, techniques, technologies, to ensure competitive advantage
- Recommend new products based on client preferences, market & industry trends
- Identify the new and/or best sources of data to drive more effective analytics
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Quant team (circa 12) to provide pricing, risk, and other analysis to external clients, internal teams
- Manage the lifecycle of model development through Model selection, Model validation, including code review, Model calibrations, Model release, including regression and impact tests
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong leadership skills to lead a global team of 30+, including senior Quants and Developers, promote talents, transform the Quant team into a successful FinTech.
- Strong communicator with senior leadership, stakeholders, clients, and prospects, explaining the vision of the product
- Multi-asset class experience (FX, Rates, Credit, Equity, Commodities)
- A strong Product and Engineering mindset to transform the Analytics Library into a market leading Analytical product
- Strong, hands-on experience in building models using C++ is a must.
- Experience in integrating the models with Portfolio/Risk Management systems using C# or Python is desirable.
- We seek a strong mix of leadership, dynamism, tech mindset, and client facing presence!
+44 20 7589 8000