Business & Product Manager, Cryptocurrency Custodian (VP), London
Excellent Package and Share Options
Major Banking Group, Crypto Start-up
Institutional Custody Business, Cryptocurrencies, Digital Assets, Fund Services
This new Crypto Custodian, backed by a major banking group, is bringing best practices into the digital asset ecosystem. Reporting to the Head of client coverage, you will drive the decision process and product implementation of new or complex transaction opportunities. You will manage the suite, working in collaboration with Head of Product Delivery to manage the product roadmap and implement procedures. You’ll also lead complex client project engagements as product SME, face clients in product implementations based on your in-depth capital markets/funds/securities services/custody & fund services business knowledge
This is an exciting opportunity in the fast-growing world crypto custody and comes with a great package and excellent share options scheme.
- Evaluate system and process gaps, documentation (including training materials) and coordinate system and process testing until implementation with respective stakeholders.
- Pre-Sales Support with potential clients, through product engagement & structuring (for complex deals)
- Management of client relationships & technical conversations internally at all levels, e.g. CTO, CIO, CFO, Legal, Compliance, Risk
- Sales support & Product management, product positioning versus peers; analyses of costs/charges, performance, AUM, net flows of existing products; recommend changes to existing products for future client needs.
- Become SME on all fund related deals - e.g. Prospectus reviews, flows, & the role of the Crypto Custodian
- Drive the evolution of the product suite, based on Capital markets, Custody & Fund services knowledge
- Keep abreast of Regulatory changes impacting Crypto assets custody
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years Custody and Fund services operational or product experience with good capital markets understanding
- Institutional focussed experience: Custody & Fund services operations workflows, settlement procedures, and systems
- Skilled at handling custody opportunities for complex deals and in particular new fund structures (being able to read a prospectus, understand the fund requirements and activity and translate that into custody requirements
- Extensive knowledge of post trade services gained ideally at Custodian or an Asset Manager
- Good understanding of the capital markets regulatory landscape and how crypto fits into that
- DLT and crypto ecosystem knowledge
- Keen interest in disruptive technologies, Digital assets and/or Crypto
- Great problem solving abilities with superb communication skills